Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Procedures
What is ILL?
If we do not have a book or other item, we are often able to borrow the item from another library in New Hampshire. If you would like to search all participating libraries at once, go to www.nhu-pac.library.state.nh.us.
How does ILL work at EHS
- Students and staff may request books, videos and other items through Interlibrary Loan.
- Come visit the librarians to request a book or item.
- Depending on which library we borrow from, it could take as little as 2 days or as long as 2 weeks for the requested material(s) to arrive at EHS.
- When the ILL item arrives, we will contact you through your school email account to let you know that it is ready to be picked up at the circulation desk in the Library.
- You will sign a form stating you have received your item(s) and that you agree to take responsibility for the items(s). Should you lose or damage any item, you will be required to pay for any costs and fees assessed by the lending Library.
- The lending library sets the due date and decides whether or not renewals are permitted. If you anticipate needing the item past the due date, please let us know so we can try to arrange for a renewal.
- 3 days before the ILL due date, please return your ILL item(s) to the Library so that we may return them to the lending library before the due date.